River Nene (UK) - now a no-go area for locals and swans
CJB
2010-03-30 07:45:14 UTC
River Nene (UK) - now a no-go area for locals and swans

Immigrants blamed for pillaging fish and swans from river

Gangs of immigrants have been blamed for "pillaging" fish and even
swans from a city's river.

Published: 11:03AM GMT 23 Mar 2010

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/7506182/Immigrants-blamed-for-pillaging-fish-and-swans-from-river.html

Animal welfare officers in Peterborough, Cambs. have launched an
investigation following the discovery of butchered swan carcasses and
a ''sudden'' decline in fish stocks

Fishermen say Eastern European migrants are responsible for the
incidents along the River Nene.

Five Polish men were caught illegally fishing in the area over the
last week, and signs have now been erected in multiple languages to
deter the poachers.

Andy Jackson, Secretary of the Angling Association, said: ''Many of
the waters that we control are being systematically raped and
pillaged
by migrants.

''Migrants see it as their right to carry on doing what they have
been
doing in their homeland.

''Many view the countryside as a 'free' source of food. The fish
stocks in the River Nene and Ferry Meadows have declined markedly in
the last six years.

''There is a definite correlation between this and the influx of
migrants into the city.''

Conservative Peterborough City Councillor Marion Todd has appealed to
members of the public to help catch swan killers and illegal fishers.

She said: ''I think people who come to this country - whoever they
are
- need to be educated that this is wrong. Even the Queen is now
barred
from eating swans.

Swan poachers were considered to be committing treason until 1998, as
they are protected by the crown, but the offence now carries a £5,000
fine or prison sentence.

==========

http://www.care2.com/news/member/189070396/1437188

http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1261044/Slaughter-swans-As-carcasses-pile-crude-camps-built-river-banks-residents-frightened-visit-park-Peterborough.html

==========
Gwyddno
2010-03-31 09:00:07 UTC
Post by CJB
[...]
This story has been around in various forms for donkey's years. The
connecting theme is immigrants - first it was "the blacks", then the
Irish, now eastern Europeans and asylum seekers (basically the same to
the tabloids). It's a deliberate attempt to demonise some of the most
vulnerable people in society. Have a look at
http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/03/migrants-fish-and-swans-cont.html
for a more detailed refutation.
Christina Websell
2010-04-01 18:44:34 UTC
"Gwyddno" <***@googlemail.com> wrote in message > - years. The
connecting theme is immigrants - first it was "the blacks", then the
Irish, now eastern Europeans and asylum seekers (basically the same to
the tabloids). It's a deliberate attempt to demonise some of the most
vulnerable people in society. Have a look at
http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/03/migrants-fish-and-swans-cont.html
for a more detailed refutation.

Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday that
this is happening, swans killed, none left.
Jerry Avins
2010-04-02 04:09:06 UTC
Post by Gwyddno
connecting theme is immigrants - first it was "the blacks", then the
Irish, now eastern Europeans and asylum seekers (basically the same to
the tabloids). It's a deliberate attempt to demonise some of the most
vulnerable people in society. Have a look at
http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/03/migrants-fish-and-swans-cont.html
for a more detailed refutation.
Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday that
this is happening, swans killed, none left.
Any word who killed them? Foxes, perhaps?

Jerry
--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Neil Ellwood
2010-04-02 09:42:34 UTC
Post by Gwyddno
for a more detailed refutation.
Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday
that this is happening, swans killed, none left.
I live in Peterborough and yes a few swans have been killed but quite a
few are left.
--
neil
Reverse ‘r’ + ‘a’ and remove ‘l’.
Linux counter 335851
Jerry Avins
2010-04-02 12:05:49 UTC
Post by Gwyddno
for a more detailed refutation.
Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday
that this is happening, swans killed, none left.
I live in Peterborough and yes a few swans have been killed but quite a
few are left.
Is it known who or what killed them?

Jerry
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Gwyddno
2010-04-02 13:53:48 UTC
Post by Jerry Avins
Post by Gwyddno
for a more detailed refutation.
Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday
that this is happening, swans killed, none left.
I live in Peterborough and yes a few swans have been killed but quite a
few are left.
Is it known who or what killed them?
Jerry
--
"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no
God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
          Thomas Jefferson to the Virginia House of Delegates in 1776.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Of course we do, the papers told us. There were a couple of eastern
Europeans men fishing out of season a few days before so it's an
obvious progression from not being aware of the dates of the fishing
season to killing swans. At least, it is if you're the Daily Mail or
any other tabloid paper determined not to let the facts get in the way
of a good story.

So a few swans have been found dead and others have disappeared.
Let's think about this for a second (that's all it takes). Firstly
the killings. What might be killing swans in March and early April?
We can rule out cold and hunger for a start as we've been having such
a gloriously mild winter and a good early spring. Foxes? Hardly
likely as we all know they're strictly herbivorous. Disease? Don't
be daft. What's left? Ah yes, Eastern European immigrants, ("bogus")
asylum seekers, Jews, Moslems and Gypsies? Take your pick.

Then the disappearances. There's no clue in the time of year: it's
nowhere near nesting season. They certainly haven't just dispersed
naturally to find nesting sites for themselves, have they? Of course
not, they've been taken by immigrants looking for a cheap meal.

There we go, a few seconds' thought and the case is proven beyond any
shadow of a doubt. It's Moslem immigrants from eastern Europe
scrounging on our asylum system. Of course it is. Silly me for
thinking it could possibly have any natural cause.
Dave D
2010-04-02 18:43:39 UTC
Post by Jerry Avins
Post by Gwyddno
[...]

Thank you Gwyddno for your well considered post. I think one of the
greatest threats our country is facing are the lies, half truths and
distortions that I see daily in the Daily Mail and Daily Express. Decent
people seem to read this muck every day and without a doubt they must become
infected.
http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/
http://enemiesofreason.co.uk/
http://www.angrymob.uponnothing.co.uk/
http://www.mailwatch.co.uk/category/front-pages/
Neil Ellwood
2010-04-03 15:40:51 UTC
Post by Jerry Avins
Post by Gwyddno
for a more detailed refutation.
Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday
that this is happening, swans killed, none left.
I live in Peterborough and yes a few swans have been killed but quite a
few are left.
Is it known who or what killed them?
Jerry
No. Partly cooked small parts were found - that's all.
--
neil
Reverse ‘r’ + ‘a’ and remove ‘l’.
Linux counter 335851
Jerry Avins
2010-04-03 15:45:44 UTC
Post by Neil Ellwood
Post by Jerry Avins
Post by Gwyddno
for a more detailed refutation.
Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday
that this is happening, swans killed, none left.
I live in Peterborough and yes a few swans have been killed but quite a
few are left.
Is it known who or what killed them?
Jerry
No. Partly cooked small parts were found - that's all.
Cooked. It wasn't an animal, then.

Jerry
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Jester's mummy
2010-04-03 18:30:40 UTC
<(((*>>
<(((*>>>>
<(((*>>>>> connecting theme is immigrants - first it was "the blacks", then the
<(((*>>>>> Irish, now eastern Europeans and asylum seekers (basically the same to
<(((*>>>>> the tabloids). It's a deliberate attempt to demonise some of the most
<(((*>>>>> vulnerable people in society. Have a look at
<(((*>>>>> http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/2010/03/migrants-fish-and-swans-
<(((*>>>> cont.html
<(((*>>>>> for a more detailed refutation.
<(((*>>>>>
<(((*>>>>> Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday
<(((*>>>>> that this is happening, swans killed, none left.
<(((*>>>>
<(((*>>>> I live in Peterborough and yes a few swans have been killed but quite a
<(((*>>>> few are left.
<(((*>>>
<(((*>>> Is it known who or what killed them?
<(((*>>>
<(((*>>> Jerry
<(((*>>
<(((*>> No. Partly cooked small parts were found - that's all.
<(((*>
<(((*>Cooked. It wasn't an animal, then.
I assume the cooked remnants were DNA tested to validate that they were, indeed,
from swans as opposed, say, to take-out chicken.

Tara J. Ballance
Montreal, Canada
Christina Websell
2010-04-04 15:59:36 UTC
Post by Neil Ellwood
Post by Jerry Avins
Post by Gwyddno
for a more detailed refutation.
Or speak to my sister who lives in Peterborough and told me on Sunday
that this is happening, swans killed, none left.
I live in Peterborough and yes a few swans have been killed but quite a
few are left.
Is it known who or what killed them?
Jerry
No. Partly cooked small parts were found - that's all.
--
Foxes always cook their swans as everyone knows so I guess it was them wot
did it.