River Kelvin Angling Association Annual General Meeting
Kelvin
2010-01-29 18:11:34 UTC
Notice is hereby given that the River Kelvin Angling Association
Annual General Meeting will be held on
11th February
at
7pm
at
Kessington Hall,
58 Milngavie Road
Bearsden.
G61 2DP.

Admission is open solely to bona fide 2009 association members.

Please bring your permit to gain admission.

Copies of the agenda are available by contacting the Association via
http://fishkelvin.com/contacts/
Bill Grey
2010-01-30 12:22:43 UTC
Post by Kelvin
Notice is hereby given that the River Kelvin Angling Association
Annual General Meeting will be held on
11th February
at
7pm
at
Kessington Hall,
58 Milngavie Road
Bearsden.
G61 2DP.
Admission is open solely to bona fide 2009 association members.
Please bring your permit to gain admission.
Copies of the agenda are available by contacting the Association via
http://fishkelvin.com/contacts/
With all due respect, Why on earth did you post this to a newsgroup?
Surely the releant peoploe who should receive this notice are your members
with e-mail addresses.

Bill
Geoff. Hayward
2010-01-30 13:14:35 UTC
Post by Bill Grey
Post by Kelvin
Notice is hereby given that the River Kelvin Angling Association
Annual General Meeting will be held on
11th February
at
7pm
at
Kessington Hall,
58 Milngavie Road
Bearsden.
G61 2DP.
Admission is open solely to bona fide 2009 association members.
Please bring your permit to gain admission.
Copies of the agenda are available by contacting the Association via
http://fishkelvin.com/contacts/
With all due respect, Why on earth did you post this to a newsgroup?
Surely the releant peoploe who should receive this notice are your members
with e-mail addresses.
Bill
You may have a point Bill, but it's the most interesting (ONLY) post to this
group in the last three weeks! :-)

Geoff.
Giles
2010-01-30 13:35:04 UTC
Post by Kelvin
Notice is hereby given that the River Kelvin Angling Association
Annual General Meeting will be held on
11th February
at
7pm
at
Kessington Hall,
58 Milngavie Road
Bearsden.
G61 2DP.
Admission is open solely to bona fide 2009 association members.
Please bring your permit to gain admission.
Copies of the agenda are available by contacting the Association via
http://fishkelvin.com/contacts/
With all due respect,  Why on earth did you post this to a newsgroup?
Surely the releant peoploe who should receive this notice are your members
with e-mail addresses.
Bill
"With all due respect...."

Hm.....

Not to be unduly disrespectful or critical, but it seems to me that
displays a lot more respect than was due.

When I was a small child I was frequently reminded that I must always
be respectful toward other people. Being a small child, I accepted
this dictum uncritically and tried to live up to it, despite having
only the vaguest fuzzy notion of what it meant. Well, it didn't take
too long to learn. I think I had gotten a pretty good handle on it by
what I suspect was about the second grade.....just about the time that
it was made clear to me that if I wanted some of that respect from
other people for myself, I would have to earn it. Ever since that
time, I've always felt that I shouldn't need to point out (let alone
explain to anyone) the logical, social, and moral inconsistency in
this apparently irreconcilable pair of imperatives. But experience
suggests otherwise.....nobody else seems to notice.

Or maybe I'm just the only person on the planet who isn't entitled to
everyone's respect simply by virtue of being a featherless
biped. :)

giles.
who, things being complicated enough already, won't even go into the
matter of feathered bipeds or other locomotive models, with or without
feathers.
Mike Lyle
2010-01-31 18:49:35 UTC
Post by Giles
Post by Kelvin
[...]
[..]

Chwarae teg! I assume it was a discreet hint that membership enquiries
might not be entirely unwlecome...and a prompt to any old comrades who
might have forgotten to re-enlist. And a not unreasonable bum-covering
manoeuvre in case the unlucky sec had managed to leave somebody out.

The website's not too complimentary about their money manager, though:
"The treasurer of the Club is: vacant".
Mike.
Giles
2010-02-01 01:24:48 UTC
Post by Mike Lyle
Post by Giles
Post by Kelvin
[...]
Sounds rather roundabout and needlessly complicated.
Post by Mike Lyle
"The treasurer of the Club is: vacant".
One suspects that she or he is not lonely.

g.
Kelvin
2010-02-01 00:09:54 UTC
Post by Kelvin
Notice is hereby given that the River Kelvin Angling Association
Annual General Meeting will be held on
11th February
at
7pm
at
Kessington Hall,
58 Milngavie Road
Bearsden.
G61 2DP.
Admission is open solely to bona fide 2009 association members.
Please bring your permit to gain admission.
Copies of the agenda are available by contacting the Association via
http://fishkelvin.com/contacts/
With all due respect,  Why on earth did you post this to a newsgroup?
Surely the releant peoploe who should receive this notice are your members
with e-mail addresses.
Bill
Absolutely true Bill, but not only does the RKAA not have all members'
email addresses, but they are loathe to let their membership know
(despite asking them directly and indirectly numerous times) who the
club Committee members are, how long have they been in their present
post and how long their tenure of office is. They have a very smart
looking web site but choose to publicise the removal of a trolley from
the river (by a select few) rather than informing the entire
membership of the basic constitution of the association.

BUT THIS IS NOT THEIR ONLY GUARDED SECRET..

Despite having the names and addresses of hundreds of Association
members, they called an Extraordinary General Meeting WITHOUT WRITING
TO ALL OF THOSE FOR WHOM THEY HAD DETAILS.

Why not, you may ask !!!

If you look at their website -
http://fishkelvin.com/river-kelvin-angling-association-egm-tuesday-the-18th-of-august/
- you will see that on Aug 1st, 2009, (YES, AUGUST 1ST !!!!!) the
administrator posted the following:
"The EGM has been arranged for Tuesday the 18th of August. It will
start at 7pm in Bearsden Hall. Due to the short notice there will be
no letters sent out"

DUE TO THE SHORT NOTICE THERE WILL BE NO LETTERS SENT
OUT ! ! ! ! ! !

So it seems that 18 days (almost 3 weeks !!!) constitutes "short
notice" to the RKAA.

Does this sound like the kind of fair minded and open organisation
that can be trusted to contact ALL members to inform them of the date
and venue of the Annual General Meeting?

Does this sound like the kind of association who will strive to ensure
that ALL of their members are fully aware of ALL of the Associations'
rules and regulations?

Does this sound like the kind of association who will strive to ensure
that members have a timely access to the decision making process by
having a clear route for having issues placed on the AGM agenda?

Does this sound like the kind of association who strives to give ALL
members adequate notice of important meetings ALONG WITH PRIOR NOTICE
OF THE AGENDA FOR DISCUSSION AT THE SAID MEETING?

Or does this sound like the kind of organisation who is run by the
few, paid for by the many, for the benefit of the few?

I will let YOU decide that one.
Giles
2010-02-01 01:28:50 UTC
Post by Kelvin
Post by Kelvin
[...]
All quite interesting.....I suppose. I mean, your position is that we
SHOULD be interested.....right?

Why?
Post by Kelvin
I will let YOU decide that one.
We'll decide what we like. Your permission is neither necessary nor
sought.

g.
DaveS
2010-02-05 08:16:02 UTC
Post by Kelvin
Post by Kelvin
[...]
I will let YOU decide that one.- Hide quoted text -
Wow! I love this. Whats up? Sounds like us profane, embarrassingly
bickering Yanks, are finally being temporarily outclassed in the
bitchy ROFF rasseling matches venue. Seriously, Keep posting gentleman
and maybe some good can come of the airing of this fishing
association's brouhaha.

Dave